Whenever a new year rolls around, most of us feel a bit nostalgic and gung-ho to make the next year even better. Of course, it probably won’t be too difficult to make any year better than 2020.
Looking back over the previous year and gauging what worked and what didn’t is a great way to start a new year in the right gear. Without identifying what didn’t go well, you are destined to repeat it. Below is a list of New Year’s resolution suggestions to start 2021 off well.
- Make healthy eating choices. With the holidays finished, it’s time to say goodbye to the cookies, cakes, pies, and other treats that wrecked your diet. Make sure your healthy diet includes whole grains, protein, and plenty of water. It is fine to eat dessert every so often, but the key is moderation. Make it your goal to eat dessert once a week to keep you on track.
- Move daily. It is easy for truckers to pack on the pounds because of how much you sit all day. It is even easier to put on a lot of weight if you aren’t following a healthy diet. Make a commitment to exercise regularly. Keep a set of weights in your cab to use for 15 minutes each day, go for a walk, or find a YouTube workout video to follow. Moving your body keeps it healthy and strong.
- Improve your mental health. 2020 did a number on many people’s mental health, and it is important that you don’t neglect yours. Find positive ways to de-stress and stay connected with friends and family while you’re on the road. Set boundaries that will help you take care of yourself.
- Prioritize safety. While safety is always important, a new year can bring perspective. Take the time to look at your truck and inspect it closely. Go through a full inspection checklist to ensure that your truck is in shape for the long road ahead.
- Speak up. Most people try to avoid “rocking the boat” because they don’t want to stir up trouble. However, if you see something suspicious at a truck stop – speak up and say something. Truck stops and rest areas can only be safe places when you and your fellow truckers work together to make them safe. A good rule of thumb is to imagine your wife or daughter in a situation. Would you want them there? Would they feel safe? Teaming up with Truckers Against Trafficking can help fight the crime of human trafficking.
Remember, a New Year is a great opportunity to start off in the right gear. What are your 2021 goals or resolutions?
Posted on behalf of Bulldog Truck Sales