“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.” –Winston Churchill
At Bulldog Truck Sales, we want to help you get in the truck of your dreams. If you’ve been out of trucking for a while, or if you’re a fresh new driver, our goal is to get you on the road. While you’re on the road we’d like to remind you to take care of your back so you can “saddle up” in your truck and hit the road, pain-free!
Hopping into the seat of your truck should be considered just as carefully as if you were hopping into the saddle of a horse. There’s a proper way to “saddle up” in your truck that can prevent back pain and other health issues.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor of your truck.
- If you need to lower the seat for your feet to hit the floor, do it!
- Keep your ankles in front of your knees.
- Create a small space between the back of your knees and the front of your seat. This allows your blood to circulate properly.
- Ensure that your backrest in your seat is able to support your low and middle back. You can also employ the help of a support cushion if you need to.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed.
- Your forearms should be parallel to the floor for the most part.
- Try adjusting your seating position often.
- Take your wallet out of your back pocket. It can set your spine off center and irritate your sciatic nerve.
- Do not wear skinny jeans! They will cut off your circulation.
Bulldog Truck Sales wants to help you keep your pain-free back in your truck! Come and see us and we’ll get you on the road.Posted on behalf of Bulldog Truck Sales